Friday, November 3, 2017

Bugaboo-Brat Pumpkin Wagon

It's time for another challenge over at Creative Fingers Challenge Blog.  I hope you have time to join us.  All the design team members have been making some great cards that are beautiful.  Stop on by to see all the Design Team projects, as well as, all the lovely entries to the challenge.

If you are new to my blog, welcome!  Today, I am sharing a card I made with the cute image from Bugaboo Stamps called Brat Pumpkin Wagon.  This image is the cutest thing!  I love the image because it makes me want to pull out my jeans, sweaters, and a jacket.  Too bad we have been having such a heatwave here in Southern Cali.  (I have been pulling out the shorts and tank tops instead 😒)

I colored this cutie with copics.  Nothing too hard, then made a recessed window card to place him in.  I will have a separate post that will show how I did this, but if you want to see my inspiration for the card you can check out this tutorial I based my card on from Splitcoast Stampers.

To finish the card, I wanted to keep it simple...because again this is the cutest image ever.  So after I die cut my image using a stitched square, I placed it on a square of kraft cardstock.  Then on the outside of the recessed window I added some patterned paper.  This is from a pad I have had forever called Tattered and Worn by Recollections.


To bring home that homespun feel, I added a simple bow made from embroidery thread and a button.  On the inside of the card, I tied it together by first adding a stitched square to cover up that not so pretty portion of the recessed window.  I also added some stitched hills with die cut flowers.


Such a cute card in the end.  I love the look...now if I can't get out the jackets and sweaters yet...maybe, I will go make some homemade soup instead.  😉

No comments: